How are stirrups generally used?
Normally the rider’s weight is transferred through the ball of the rider’s foot onto the stirrup with a bit of ankle flex. This is the ideal riding position to provide support whilst also allowing the rider’s legs to absorb the riding shock of the horse’s motion.
Why is the size of the stirrup important?
A narrow stirrup increases the chance of your foot getting caught, in the stirrup, which then increases your chance of having a fall. If the stirrup is too wide it makes it harder to keep under your foot, which increases the chance that your foot will slip all the way through the stirrup and cause you to lose balance.
How to size a stirrup?
Typically the stirrup should be NO MORE than 1” larger than the WIDEST part of the sole of the rider’s boot.
What type of Stirrup is the best?
Stirrup selection with two main product types being available in today’s marketplace, Western or the more Traditional English, so many styles and sizes to choose from it is really up to the individual rider’s preference and level of riding experience.
We leave you with this important message and stress how very important it is that the stirrup suit the rider and be the correct width.
Happy tails and safe riding 😉
- “STAY UPRIGHT AND IN THE SADDLE”: By Selecting our STURDY and ROBUST WESTERN STIRRUPS for many years of SAFE RIDING and rest assured you have FULL RELIABLE CONTROL of your HORSE
- “ENGRAVED PATTERNS”: What’s the point in getting well-made horse supplies if they don’t also look GOOD? Have the best of both worlds with our affordable, easy to clean, and sturdy equipment.
- “LIGHT WEIGHT DESIGN”: You will be well satisfied in knowing that you stirrups are made from QUALITY Aluminium giving riders superior performance.
- “PLUS, AMAZONS AAMAZING A to Z GUARANTEE”: for EAZE of MIND your Purchase is Guaranteed by selecting PRIME products.
- SIZE: 3″ Neck with LEATHER TREAD